Polyvore is a “community-driven fashion platform” – a lifestyle website where members can create ‘Sets’ or collages of fashion and home products that they love, share these with other members and across social media, and purchase the items they discover.
Launched in 2007, Polyvore now features 150 million shoppable outfits from many of the top retailers, with around 150 brands currently paying to advertise on the site. If you sell women’s fashion or homeware, it’s a good place to be found.
Brands can also sign up to Polyvore’s ‘Promoted Products’ program – a cost-per-click scheme that helps brands get their products in front of interested consumers, and drive qualified traffic to their site. Simply upload a product feed and use Polyvore’s bidding and analytics platform to get your most popular products in front of an avid audience.
Here are 5 benefits of advertising through Polyvore…
1. You can capitalise on purchase intent People come to Polyvore with shopping on their mind. While it may also aid product and brand discovery, it’s definitely a channel that can convert browsers to buyers – taking people from ‘awareness’ to ‘purchase’ in just a few steps.
2. You can reach an audience of millions (worldwide) Advertising on Polyvore expands your reach, as members come from all over the world. Polyvore has over 20 million unique visitors per month, with more than 7.5 billion product impressions each month.
3. Polyvore users really love the platform This is going to keep being a popular platform, and therefore a useful marketing channel for brands. It has an easy-to-use interface, meaning people can ‘build’ an outfit in minutes then share it across social channels. People rely on it as a source of inspiration, and enjoy the simple shopping experience of clicking through to purchase products they love.
4. It’s perfect for targeting a particular kind of shopper If you are targeting a young, affluent audience, then you are in luck. 60% of Polyvore members are between 18-34 years of age, which is 30% higher than other social media sites. Members are likely to spend around 2.7 times more on clothing and accessories than the average consumer.
5. You’ll make money! The average order value on Polyvore is higher than other social media sites, at $385, and return-on-ad-spend is around 6:1.
To find out more about marketing on Polyvore, contact us today.